Kubernetes Introduction (en)
The course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Kubernetes functionality and how to use the system to manage applications in a production environment. The course focuses on the fundamental concepts of Kubernetes, such as Pods, ReplicaSets, Deployments, and DaemonSets. Methods for interacting with Pods and techniques for using Labels to organize and manage application components are explored. In addition, you learn how to create and manage Deployments for scalable applications, DaemonSets for infrastructure applications, and Namespaces for organizing and managing objects. Service concepts and how to use them to expose applications outside the cluster are also examined. With this course, participants will gain a thorough understanding of Kubernetes and be able to use this knowledge to manage applications efficiently in a production environment.
The course includes educational laboratories in which each student will be able to work in order to complete training exercises that will provide practical experience in using the instrument, for each of the topics covered during the course.
- Basic knowledge of Linux and of the command line.
- Knowledge of basic containerization concepts and how containers work.
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts.
- Basic knowledge of application development principles.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of cloud computing and virtualized infrastructure.